The Practical Carbine course is designed to take the skills that students have learned in our Carbine 1 course and carbine clinics and apply them under realistic field conditions. Through a partnership with a landowner in south San Benito County we have been able to secure a large ranch with varying terrain and field conditions to provide our students with a training environment full of endless possibilities. Shooting from distances of contact to 400 yards students will be faced with multiple target scenarios and movement problems as well as positional and varied angle shooting. This training venue also allows our instructors to touch on other important skill areas such as realistic low light engagements, land navigation, movement and equipment selection for life beyond the flat range. The facility also has lodging on site for our students which is included in the course cost. LMS Defense will provide dinner on Saturday night. These courses will begin at 10 AM on Saturday and will end between 4 PM and 5 PM on Sunday. The late start on Saturday is due to the low light/ no light component. This course is in an austere environment and requires substantial physical activity, students should be in suitable physical condition to handle hikes in varied terrain with their loadout.
Prerequisites: Carbine 1 or similar 2 day (16 Hr) carbine course from a respected training provider.
- Carbine with ZEROED optics and/or iron sights and sling
- 4 magazines (carbine)
- Magazine pouches
- Chest Rig or Plate Carrier (recommended)
- Handgun (optional, include necessary magazines)
- Handheld flashlight
- Carbine mounted light (recommended)
- Backpack for daily support gear
- Rain gear
- Appropriate hiking boots / footwear
- Personal water supply to cover 2 full days of heavy activity
- Food (breakfast/lunch on Sunday)
- Sleeping bag / pillow
- You should be packing for two intensive days in the outdoors and be prepared for a variety of weather as it can change rapidly.
Round count: 400 (rifle)
- Regular price $575.00