Precision Rifle 1
Precision Rifle 1 is the second phase of our precision rifle shooting curriculum. This 2 day course will build on the concepts learned in Precision Rifle Fundamentals. Topics covered will include equipment selection, fundamentals of marksmanship, scope mechanics and operation, minute of angle and MIL relation math, cold and hot bore zeroing, internal and external ballistics, ballistics data collection methods / recording, correcting for environmental effects, wind reading and adjustment, spotting, rifle diagnostics and maintenance. Students will have the opportunity to shoot from 200 to 1000 yards on a known distance range.
In an effort to ensure that all participants get ample one on one instruction this course is limited to 12 students.
Prerequisites: Precision Rifle Fundamentals in the last year or a similar precision rifle course from a reputable training provider and a statistical zero on your rifle in the week previous to class.
- Rifle with bipod and adjustable non-elastic sling or leather or nylon
- Spotting scope/stand
- Cleaning rod
- Bore guide
- Powder and copper solvents
- Light gun oil with silicone
- Jags and bore brushes (caliber appropriate)
- Cleaning brush / stiff bristle brush
- Chamber brush or .45 cal pistol brush
- Cleaning patches (100 min)
- Hand towel / cloth
- 12" ruler or measuring tape
- Pocket calculator
- Sand sock or rear bag
- Kestrel or other wind meter (recommended)
- Shooting matt, knee/elbow pads (recommended
- PDA or smart phone ballistics program of your choice
- Lens cleaning kit
- Tool kit with screwdriver tips, allen or torx bits for scope rings and base screws
Round count: 160 rounds of the same match or premium grade factory ammunition (handloads must be pre-approved and load data supplied). When purchasing match grade ammunition we recommend that you purchase a case (generally 200 rounds) of the same lot number for consistency.
- Regular price $450.00